This service is available only in the Toronto area
More used cars than ever are now available through APA’s industry leading used car buying service. Since September 2008, members have been placing orders for vehicles of their choice through our approved dealer, Auto Links. They will conduct an online search through dealer auctions and other wholesale distribution sources. This unique service helps you find the car you want without compromising on options, mileage or even colour. Also, you will retain the peace of mind that comes with buying through the APA’s Used Car Buying Service and it’s unmatched industry leading one month money back guarantee. Contact us to get more details or referral to the recommended dealer authorized to provide this pioneer service. Read on below for information about our regular used car buying service.
The APA’s comprehensive and convenient Used Car Buying Service offers excellent value for the money and is exclusive to APA members.
APA recommended dealers perform an extensive inspection on all vehicles. Most will run a VIN check for previous owners, liens and insurance claims history as well as information that brands vehicles as Irreparable, Salvage, Rebuilt or Stolen.
A 30-day money back warranty is standard on all vehicles purchased by APA members. If you are not satisfied with the vehicle within a 30-day period, the purchase price is refunded minus a small rental charge.
The APA recommends that members:
a) conduct a VIN search (if not provided by the selling dealer)
b) have an independent inspection performed at a recommended garage listed in the Recommended Garages section of this site to obtain an unbiased opinion on the vehicle’s condition.
c) refer to the APA Lemon Aid Used Car Reviews for important information on the vehicle you are considering.
Our participating dealers have undertaken to take care of any problems revealed as a result of the inspection.
Benefits to APA members
No-haggle APA price designed to save you time and money.
* Reasonable financing rates
* Full history available with every vehicle: previous owners, liens, and insurance branding.
* Service records (when available).
* 30 day or 1,700 km satisfaction guarantee.
If the member is not satisfied for any reason, he or she can be reimbursed for the total purchase price minus a rental fee for the use of the vehicle. See below:
* $50 a day for vehicles costing over $30,000 (before taxes)
* $40 a day for vehicles costing over $20,000 (before taxes)
* $30 a day for vehicles costing over $15,000 (before taxes)
* $20 a day for vehicles costing over $10,000 (before taxes)
* $15 a day for vehicles costing $9, 999 (before taxes) or less
Should a member decide to return it, the vehicle must be substantially in the same condition as it was at the time of sale. The member is responsible for licensing fees and insurance.
The member is encouraged to have the vehicle inspected by a garage of his or her choice prior to the purchase. The member pays for the inspection.
In case of a dispute between the dealer and buyer, the dealer accepts arbitration by a arbitrator selected by the APA at the request of the APA member. The two parties are bound by the arbitrator’s decision.
1. APA strongly recommends a thorough inspection before you buy a vehicle.
2. Be sure to make an appointment before going to the dealership and deal only with the sales staff recommended to you by the APA.
3. All deals are subject to a $87 APA referral fee payable at the time of purchase.